Who can use this Resource?
- Foster youth 18 to 21 years old.
At the six month hearing prior to youth’s 18th birthday, the social worker/probation officer must have a plan to ensure the youth meets at least ONE of the following criteria:
- Completing high school or equivalent program (e.g. GED); OR
- Enrolling in college, community college or a vocational education program; OR
- Employed at least 80 hours a month; OR
- Participating in a program designed to promote or remove barriers to employment; OR
- Unable to do one of the above requirements because of a medical condition.
To find you if you are eligible; call your assigned social worker. If you have already exited foster care and are interested in entering extended foster care, call our intake hotline at 805-781-5437 or expand the Resources menu item then click on Foster Youth.
Extended Foster Care services are free. Foster Youth in the program will receive payments, housing assistance, and case management.
Please call (805) 781-781-5437 or 805-781-1700 for more information.