Foster Support Unit
Information covered in the calls include:
- Medi-Cal card
- Medical information (necessary medical appointments)
- Educational resources
- Free tutoring – available to all children in our care
- Local school district Foster Youth Liaison contact info
- Car seats
- Respite Resources
- Extracurricular activity funding
- In Home Parenting Education Support
- In Home Behavioral Support Services
In addition to the direct service needs, the calls also include a general discussion about how the child is doing, and how the resource family is feeling.
Information about the call and any services provided as part of the call is provided to the social worker.